. Yes, we means Rich and I. Working from home has its benefits... I've been able to do a carpentry mini-apprenticeship with Rich. He and I refinished my office floor and we built the patio. I also assisted off-and-on with the construction of the office. Today, I did some cuts of the 2 x 4's for the dishwasher frame on the compound miter saw (or chop saw, in carpentry apprentice lingo) -- first time I was allowed to do a real cut, not just a training cut!! Next decision....what to have for dinner....and do I have the energy to shower before...
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Day 5 - Decisions, decisions...
Today was full of decisions...what paint for the walls (Linen white - Benjamin Moore), what paint for the cabinets (Atrium white - BJ), which hinges, what door knobs, drawer pulls, which t-drain for the dishwasher. But we've made a ton of progress...I got a coat of paint onto the backside of the cabinet doors and decided to let it dry overnight -- the humidity has slowed the paint setting. Rich built out the backsplash with greenboard, Todd sanded the kitchen walls and started spackling to prep for painting, and we just started to build the dishwasher cabinet
. Yes, we means Rich and I. Working from home has its benefits... I've been able to do a carpentry mini-apprenticeship with Rich. He and I refinished my office floor and we built the patio. I also assisted off-and-on with the construction of the office. Today, I did some cuts of the 2 x 4's for the dishwasher frame on the compound miter saw (or chop saw, in carpentry apprentice lingo) -- first time I was allowed to do a real cut, not just a training cut!! Next decision....what to have for dinner....and do I have the energy to shower before...
. Yes, we means Rich and I. Working from home has its benefits... I've been able to do a carpentry mini-apprenticeship with Rich. He and I refinished my office floor and we built the patio. I also assisted off-and-on with the construction of the office. Today, I did some cuts of the 2 x 4's for the dishwasher frame on the compound miter saw (or chop saw, in carpentry apprentice lingo) -- first time I was allowed to do a real cut, not just a training cut!! Next decision....what to have for dinner....and do I have the energy to shower before...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I finally figured out how to post! Duh!
What is the project completion date? You've already accomplished so much!
Post a Comment