Sunday, November 2, 2008

Little Ms. Injury-Prone

I blogged a few months ago about falling in Boston, just crossing the street, and tearing up my right knee causing a pretty nasty injury and a nice case of bursitis that is just clearing up (edit: it wasn't bursitis, it never "cleared up", I actually fractured my kneecap. It was just a hairline fracture, but enought to stimulate new bone growth which I thought was a raised swollen bump). Yesterday, while crossing the street in Manhattan, my right ankle turned in my Danskos and I fell hard on the left knee. Thankfully, I only skinned the knee (badly) and I am able to bend it (with some pain and discomfort), but I do foresee this healing much quicker than the last fall. I also bruised my right foot when my ankle turned. Of course, none of this compares to the spill I took a little over two years ago when I managed to significantly tear every ligament in my right ankle, stopping just shy of a through-and-through tear. I was in a cast and on crutches for weeks and then physical therapy for 7 months. Hopefully, this is the last injury report I make for a while, as I have just joined an exercise-based competition over at introPlay and I don't want to let my teammates down!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

are you kidding me?? really.