Sunday, October 26, 2008

Shecky's

Shilpa said she'd been to Shecky's Girls Night Out (check it out at http://girlsnightout.sheckys.com/) in NYC and that it was great. It is a shopping event that showcases emerging designers, such as handmade bag makers, jewelry designers, clothes designers, etc. offering their wares at deep discounts. But I wasn't sure the same cool vendors would come up to Boston. I took a chance, and a few of us went out to see what Shecky's was all about. So, we paid our $20 entry fee which got us 5 free drinks and a goodie bag. Well, the 5 free drinks were 5 full drinks! They had Bacardi drinks, beer, and wine. 5 drinks alone in Boston would have run us anywhere between $20 to $40. And the goodie bag! We got a full size Aveeno body wash, full size sunblock, 7 day Aqua Fresh white trays, a Decleor face moisturizer, a Kiehl's lip balm, an Intuition razor, a trial size Dove deodorant and body wash, a full size Colgate, a box of 30 Splenda coffee flavor/sweetener, two flavored water drinks from Borba, 4 full-size Lindt chocolate bars, a small packet of ground coffee, a proof copy of "College Girl", and a laminated map of New York City. The value of this goodie bag was well over $20 and would have been worth the entry fee alone. For a night of hanging with the ladies doing some "window shopping" over 5 drinks and walking away with at least this goodie bag, I would have happily paid $20. BUT, the shopping was great!! It was awesome to see so many one-of-a-kind opportunities at really amazing prices!! I bought a few things, but hands down the best find was a handmade, one-of-a-kind, orange leather tote by Paul Aude, a handbag designer from Queens. I love the way it looks, but what you can't tell from this picture is how supple the leather is and how vibrant the orange is. It really is a lovely bag, and I got it for $90, a great price considering the bag was being sold on the designer's website for almost double that. So, YOU KNOW, I am going again. For all you Boston ladies, please mark Thursday, March 5th, 2009 in your calendars right now! And a big thank you to Shilpa for letting me know about this!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stacey!!! The bag is GORGEOUS!!!! And, I love the oolor!! AND, of course count me in for March 5th!!!!