Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Todd!!

It's Todd's Birthday today, and we spent it....race marshaling the Marine Corps Honor Run in the Blue Hills...in the rain...yuck.

Yesterday, we had an awesome time at a rafting trip organized by JMo and Dr. Stinky. We rafted the West River in Vermont, a Class 3 rapids course made possible by a scheduled dam release. I am not ashamed to say that I was very scared at first. I definitely feared that I would flip off the raft, my helmet would go flying off my head, and would be left behind in Davy Jones' Locker (arrrrgh!) as my cranium contacted rock. But once the trip got going, things definitely got better. And....I thoroughly enjoyed myself! There were a few moments of terror, like when Todd was flung out of the raft in 'The Dumplings'. Oh boy, i felt terror as I saw him splash into the water and our raft take off leaving him behind. I dont know how long he floated behind us, maybe only a minute, but getting him back in was such a relief! We're ready for our next Class 3!

2 comments:

B Talhah said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Todd!

We will white water rafting in Malaysia soon!!! And the water is WARM.

Tina said...

A few years back a bunch of us went rafting. The only boat that tipped over was Julie Wu's. 'Cause she doesn't know how to swim. Actually... did Shilpa have pictures from that trip at the Roxbury? That is why it is fresh in my head...