That's what we are calling ourselves....Human Snowthrowers. It's been an amazing week here in the northeast. Two HUGE snowfalls and one a bonafide nor'easter. We've been shoveling since Thursday and spreading icemelt and generating lots of snow-soaked laundry. The snow on the patio is now taller than me and is sure to be here
through April. While it's generally lovely to have the corner lot with lots of natural light, shoveling out the front AND side of the house is backbreaking effort. But with two shovels and the promise of mini-marshmallows in our cocoa, we beat the transition from snow to sleet. Well, just about beat it. The last 20 minutes of shoveling were soggy and somewhat painful as sleet whipped our faces and completely obscured my glasses. I've included various pictures of our walkway and the street, 'cuz this shiz has GOTS to be memorialized!



2 comments:
Umm...nice sled Santa! Did someone say marshmallows?
I remember the days well, Living both in South Lake Tahoe and Provo, Utah. I finally burned my snow shovel when I moved back to California. I do miss the snow falling, but not the clean up.
The Sled looks great! I just noticed something though, The path on the side of the house is a little crooked. ;)
Post a Comment