Thursday, December 27, 2007

'Cause Nobody Likes a Bunched Up Dress...

I am a PROUD Aunt!! Look at my lovely, precious niece asleep on my bosom. So cute in her Christmas outfit!! her name is Mylie and she is just 7 weeks old and is already showing a bit of personality, she is even tempered..doesn't cry...even smiles a bit!! Look at Titi Mari with Mylie after a bath and a costume change. Her older sister, my niece Diana, is a 10 year old dynamo...We karaoked and backup-danced our hearts out! All the while, Uncle Todd took a "siesta" on the couch.... I know I speak for Mari when I say we are super proud of our brother Marc who is a great Dad. He is very attentive and caring not just with Mylie but also with Diana. Never would we have thought to hear Marc reason, as he leaned over Mylie in her swinging papasan chair to straighten out her dress that had worked its way up around her waist, "'cause nobody likes a bunched up dress..." Mari and I, perplexed at hearing Marc utter words of fashion knowledge and parental care, repeated Marc's reasoning aloud to memorialize the words and savor Marc's transition into fatherhood. To Mylie, may you have plenty of warm milk and love in 2008, and nary a bunched-up dress!!

1 comment:

LordHarrier said...

Stacey ...this post made me tear up .. I love you guys .. being a parent is like being on another plane of existence.. total joy.